I love the month of February here at the Anniversary Inn. It is always fun to see how many couples take the time out of their busy lives and make the effort to do something special for their loved one on Valentine’s Day by spending a night or two with us.
This is what our business is all about. We want to encourage everyone to remember what is really important in life. If you can find that special someone that makes you want to be a better person, or that makes you want to think outside of yourself, you are truly in love.
In keeping with this idea, we at the Anniversary Inn thought it might be fun to get some of your stories about love and commitment to marriage. I recently posted a short story taken from my personal life about my grandfather and the example he was to me in showing devotion and commitment to the woman he loved. In that same vein, we’ve decided to sponsor an essay contest where each of you can submit a short story about an individual, or couple, who showed their devotion to one another in a special or inspirational way.
All submissions will be reviewed and scored by the Anniversary Inn and the top five winners will win a cash-value Gift Certificate worth $100.00 at any Anniversary Inn location, plus they will be entered to win the Grand Prize.
The readers of the Anniversary Inn Reminder will select the Grand Prize winner. Each of the top five stories will be posted here on the Anniversary Inn Reminder and we will let you, our readers, vote for your favorite. The person whose story receives the most votes will receive a free night stay good at ANY of our locations for ANY night of the week. Plus, they will win a dinner for two at one of our Select Partner locations.
The following guidelines will apply:
1. Each story must be an original work created by the individual who submits it.
2. The story should be between 500 and 1000 words in length.
3. The story should be focused on how an individual or couple has shown a commitment to their marriage.
4. The story should be inspirational and positive with no sexual innuendo or vulgarity.
5. The Anniversary Inn will own the copyright to any story that is submitted and will have the right to reprint, or publish the story.
6. Each entry should include a contact name and mailing address, or preferred email address, so we can contact you in the event you win one of the awards.
7. The Anniversary Inn assumes the right to make any grammatical, spelling or context changes as deemed necessary before re-publication.
8. First names only should be used in any story.
9. All submissions are due by February 28, 2009.
10. Only one vote per email address will be accepted for the Grand Prize drawing.
11. Judging for the top five finalists will be based on writing style, substance of the story, inspirational aspect of the story, and the relevance to promoting marriage and strong family relationships.
12. Submit all stories to the following email address: email@example.com