With the pressures and speed of daily life, it is easy to forget that our marriages need to be nurtured in the same way we would nurture a small plant in our kitchen window. With our plant, we need to give it sunlight and water on a regular basis. It doesn’t take much, just a small amount of water and a little sun will keep the plant growing and over time you will see a beautiful bloom of color and life.
Our marriages need the same attention. It doesn’t require much, just a loving glance here, and an affectionate touch there, but that small amount of nurturing will keep the love between you blooming and full of color and life.
Here are 5 small acts you can do each day to ensure your loved one knows you still care:
1) Kiss her goodbye before leaving for work.
2) Send him a text saying “Hi”
3) Find one thing to complement her on.
4) Ask him how his day was and then listen to him tell you.
5) Hold her hand while watching TV.